Lions Lap the Map for Diabetes
Initial “Lions Lap the Map for Diabetes” Sunday 17th November 2019
Earlier this year, the Multiple District 210 Council of Governors adopted a policy that clubs should be encouraged to conduct activities and projects that promote healthy lifestyle and improve education awareness about Diabetes.
To support this policy, all Clubs are encouraged to participate in a National Day of Action which we are calling “LIONS LAP THE MAP FOR DIABETES” to support World Diabetes Day (WDD) on 14th Nov 2019. MD201 clubs are asked to stage this event on Sunday 17 November 2019 on a day in November which suits their local community.
The “signature activity” will be a self-paced “low level” walk of varying distances as set in each location, but not exceeding 5 km, with “time of day” also to suit local conditions.
More information is contained in the following attachments.
1. LIONS LAP THE MAP GUIDANCE BOOKLET. This contains:-
- - Welcome message
- - CONTACT LIST – Diabetes Foundations and Support networks; Web Sites etc
- - PARTICIPATING CLUBS TEMPLATE
- - PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FORM
- - SERVICE PROJECT PLANNER – LCI “Strides Planner” adapted
2. SERVICE ACTIVITY PLANNER Template sample (This is an example was used in GST Project Training which may be of use you may wish to prepare your own, or use this one which is the adapted from the LCI "Strides" project sample )
Download the self administered Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assesment flyer