Lions inPlace Inc Supporting people in need
SERVICES PROVIDED BY INPLACE ( Previously known as LEAC)
Lions inPlace Inc. currently offers a broad range of accommodation and services that can assist people to transition to secure and affordable accommodation in the community, so they can rebuild their lives with the supports that they might require.
- A purpose-built domestic and family violence shelter “Peggy’s Place” for single women and women with children escaping gendered violence (6 units).
- “The Terrace” units for single men with contact arrangements with children, single women and small families.
- Generalist homelessness accommodation in the Nambour community for couples with children, women with children and single women (5 houses, 1 unit).
- A unit specifically modified for people with a disability who are homeless (1 unit).
- Professional case management support by qualified Key Workers and Intake Workers.
- A homelessness early intervention program, KEIHS. Keys to Early Intervention in Homelessness Service operates in partnership with other providers in hubs located in Deception Bay, Caboolture, Maroochydore, Nambour, Gympie and Caloundra.
- Better Start Program – a one worker program funded by Lions, which assists families in their homes to promote practical and parenting skills, and to provide early intervention/prevention support that aims to prevent trajectories into child safety, criminal justice and health systems.
- Emergency relief provider responding to material aid in the Nambour Centrelink area.
Loacted in Nambour Qld. Supported by Lions District Q3 and Q4.
Lions inPlace Inc relies on the generous financial support of Lions clubs to assist us with the cost of providing supports to clients that are not covered by government grants. Your club’s ongoing support is vital to the success of Lions inPlace Inc, so that we can continue to deliver vital services to people who are vulnerable, and so that they can achieve social inclusion and justice in their communities. All donations are receipted and are independently audited.
Items that we utilise your donation to purchase, include: -children’s uniforms and school items -school related activities eg camps, sporting events -mattresses, linen and pillows -small appliances eg toasters, kettles, frypans (these need to be tested and tagged if received second hand) -materials for children’s therapeutic activities and group work for adults -assistance with furnishing and minor maintenance of our accommodation -assistance with costs for people to access employment and training, and therefore sustain housing into the future -outings and celebrations for individuals and families accessing the service -contribution to salary of the Better Start Early Intervention program social worker -operational expenses not covered by government funding If you own a business and can assist us with sponsorships, or you can donate goods/services for fundraisers, please contact our Administrator Margie Hooper on 07 - 5441 3837 or email email@example.com
If you would like to contact the CEO, or you would like someone from the service to speak about domestic and family violence and homelessness or this Project, please email Deb Blakeney on firstname.lastname@example.org
The management committee members consist of Lions and Lionesses from Districts Q3 and Q4 and includes special members.
► Download Lions In Place Brochure
► Download Lions In Place Your Project for your community Dec 2016
► Link to the Lions inPlace web site