District 201Q4 CLUB PROJECTS
Buderim Lions Walk to School Program
What are the Walks?
- The Walk to School Program encourages parents to bring their children at designated drop off points, away from the congested areas of the school.
- Parents are encouraged to join the walk with their children if they are able.
- Walks are conducted one day per week, different days for each school to spread resources.
- The assembled children are escorted by Lions and Police, assisted by Volunteers.
- Supervision ensures the children remain safe for the trip.
- Walks vary from 5 to 20 minutes.
The benefits of the programme include:
- Parents enjoy spending more quality time with their children.
- Improve the health and fitness of parents and children
- Reduce congestion and create greater safety around the school
- Reduce airborne pollution outside the school
- Reduce vehicle costs and the demand for car parking.
- More fun than driving
- Catch up with other parents, chat while walking, or chill out.
- Teach road safety to children
- Improved interaction between children and aged groups. Particularly beneficial for new or shy kids!
This program is well documented and so it can be replicate by any club. For more Information, forms etc contact the Buderim Lions Club.
Australian Motorhoming Lions Club -supporting Lions clubs Nationally
We are a young club and only chartered on the 30th June 2016 our current membership stands at over 100 members and growing. Our members have two passions and that is Motorhoming as a way of travelling and to help as many Lions Clubs around the country as possible.
The main consideration for accepting an existing Lions member into our club is if that member was going to leave Lions to go travelling. We are a national club with members in all states..
If any club would like to register a major event they hold annually and need assistance please email us all your info and we will put it on our calander. Given enough notice our members will be more than willing to assist yur club
Lion Len Waddington
The Lions Club of Tin Can Bay Inc. is proud and pleased to present - Cathy House, an Accommodation & Conference Centre situated on the beautiful foreshore of Tin Can Bay.
The Centre is dedicated to local resident Cathy Bale who suffered from cystic fibrosis and sadly passed away in 1987 at the age of 17.
Built in 1990 the Centre is available to many groups such as;
School & Youth Groups
Volunteer Service Groups, Church Groups and of course to other Lion/Lioness Clubs
We can accommodate a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 41 in dormitory style rooms. We have a modern kitchen, large dining/meeting room with TV and video. A laundry is also available together with an in-ground swimming pool, pleasant gardens and ample parking.
There are many attractions to enjoy during your stay which include :- Dolphin feeding, coloured sands of Rainbow Beach, Carlo sand blow, Great Sandy National Park, Fraser Island, wildflower walks and bird watching to name a few.
For more information or to make a booking, please email (email@example.com)